Some Scout Sunday Ideas:
- If your parish sponsors a Scout unit have them arrive in full uniform.
- If the church does not have a Scout program, have the Scouts come in uniform. Many priests are aware of Scout Sunday and will discuss Scouting at some point of the service. You can have the uniformed Scouts:
Serve at the candle table in the narthex
Serve as Ushers
Help pass the collection tray
Help serve during the coffee hour
And any suggestions from the parish priest
- Present Eastern Orthodox Religious Scout Awards and/or any other Scout Awards earned.
- Have a Scout Display and recruitment.
- Think of sponsoring or establishing a Scout unit in your parish.
- Approach a local Scout unit and give them ideas for service projects which can benefit your parish and community.
- Look at the many Orthodox Scout awards and encourage your Scouts to earn them. Scouting has proven to develop stronger church membership and it is a natural fit. Good Scouts make better Church members and good Church members make better Scouts.
- Volunteer to assist the local Scout troop/pack/crew.
- Take a collection and contribute funds to the EOCS so they can continue their good work. Think about establish a local EOCS committee so all Orthodox Scouts in the region can gather and support one another.
May the Lord God send His Blessings upon our Scouts, our leaders and the many volunteers across the United States of America.
+ Bishop DANIEL
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the United States
Episcopal Liaison to the Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting